Rainwater collection has become more prevalent in many communities across Vancouver Island & the Gulf Islands…and indeed all across Canada.
Our team at BC Aquifer has the experience and expertise to help to design a system that suits your needs & your budget. We’ve got many rainwater management solutions available and would love to discuss these with you!
Services We Provide:
- Complimentary project consultation & quote
- System design for residential and commercial purposes
- Cistern/tank and water treatment system installation & maintenance
Depending on your budget and rainwater collection requirements we have a range of products available from inexpensive rain barrels to larger above or below ground storage systems. Whether you are looking for a simple catchment system or something more complex that may include water treatment, we have the expertise to help you set your system up right!
For more details on types & sizes of cisterns/tanks available please click on image boxes to enlarge.
What is Rainwater Harvesting?
Rainwater Harvesting is the practice of collecting and storing rainwater for future use. These collection & storage systems can range from simple rain barrels to more elaborate structures with pumps, tanks, and water treatment/filtration systems.
What Can Rainwater Be Used For?
- Watering lawns, plants and gardens.
- Car and home washing
- Laundry and toilet flushing
Potable- fit for human consumption
(This water must be properly treated to ensure it is safe)
- Drinking and cooking
- Washing fresh vegetables and food
- Showering and bathing
Community Benefits of Rainwater Collection:
- reduces the demand on municipal and well water supplies during times of peak demand and when water restrictions are in place.
- reduces erosion, property flooding, and contamination by reducing the majority of runoff from businesses and homes.
- reduces the amount of water entering stormwater systems which in turn helps to protect our watersheds, streams, creeks and the nearshore environments.
Could you be eligible for a rebate?
(Nanaimo, Lantzville, Parksville, Qualicum Beach)
Click HERE to find out more!
If you're looking for rainwater collection solutions, we can help: Give us a call today